Accounts Payable/Receivable Specialist
Part time 15 to 20 hours per week
The Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Specialist (AP/AR Specialist) ensures that all AP/AR transactions are posted regularly and payments to the vendors are made on an accurate, timely basis and registered in the accounting system. Be a backup to office manager for shipping, order entry and invoicing.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Invoice processing- research and resolve invoice discrepancies
- Process weekly payments, including international wires, checks and ACH’s
- Post payments to customer accounts and send out statements for collections
- Respond to all vendor correspondence and reconcile all vendor statements and inquires.
- Prepare check runs on a weekly basis and prepare deposits
- Purchase all materials needed for company
- Be a backup to office manager for shipping, order entry and invoicing.
- Perform other ad hoc duties
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in accounts payable/receivable or experience in a general accounting position
- 1-3 years’ experience with QuickBooks
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to work under limited supervision and able to problem solve
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel