Responsible for operating various MIG and TIG welding machines, including robotic MIG & TIG welder set-up, in support of the production process and the quality of all pieces produced through the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Receive job assignments from the Scheduling Manager.
- Receive operating instructions from Fixture Maker or Senior MIG/TIG Welder.
- After receiving job assignments from the Scheduling Manager and operating instructions from a Fixture Maker, submit 1st piece for QC approval.
- With QC sample approved, load the fixture, weld, and unload the fixture.
- Weld per rates outlined on operation card.
- Report non-conformance and or rate discrepancy directly to Quality Control.
- Fulfill all responsibilities as outlined in the company’s Employee Handbook.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or directed by supervisor.
- Perform all responsibilities in a manner that is time efficient and safe while continually striving to suggest or create improvements to better achieve this goal.
- Scan for hours worked and operation counts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- MIG and TIG welding training and certification.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the manufacturing process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, office equipment, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. This position’s specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.