The Facilities Project Management Project Engineer is responsible for managing capital projects in the Facilities Engineering and Maintenance Department as well as space planning. The Project Engineer will manage a variety of projects at all facilities, including research, development, cGMP manufacturing, office and laboratory projects.
- Define, plan and execute the full scope of assigned projects. Ability and willingness to perform project tasks to meet the project needs, from basic to complex, both independently and collaboratively
- Identify, analyze, prioritize, communicate, and mitigate project risks
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously to successful outcomes
- Forecast, track and manage project budgets, POs, change orders, and invoices in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles • Assist development and management of project schedules
- Inspect project sites to review work-in-place to ensure alignment with design documents and project schedule
- Coordinate appropriate resources (technical & non-technical) to meet project needs • Coordinate project commissioning, qualification, and validation (CQV) efforts in collaboration with the Global Engineering and CQV team(s), including IQ/OQ/PQ, and cleaning validation, as applicable
- Work collaboratively with R&D user groups, Facilities, Manufacturing Operations, EH&S, QA and others
- Provide space planning support for all Organogenesis sites
- Plan and manage internal and external project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project information, expectations, and deliverables
- Requires domestic travel (approximately 5% to 10% of the work year).
- All other duties as assigned
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required. (Preferably in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management or related field) or equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- 5 years experience in a project engineer role overseeing planning, design and space planning processes.
- Excellent communications, organization skills, and creativity in problem solving.
- Ability to build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships • Fluency in architectural and engineering design details for commercial offices, R&D labs, and GxP manufacturing projects.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and achieve desired outcomes Basic Requirements
- Ability to build and maintain strong, cross-functional relationships • Fluency in architectural and engineering design details for commercial offices, R&D labs, and GxP manufacturing project
- Must possess the ability to handle many projects and priorities at the same time and keep track of important GMP documentation.