The primary objective is to promote the use our applied represented products with our clients by assisting them with proper selection, application, design, and ultimately approval. This is accomplished through networking with our existing clients consisting of owners and their representatives, end users and mechanical engineers. Our key products target three distinct market segments: mechanical, air distribution, and control products and systems. A secondary objective is to provide effective communication between the sales/estimating departments as it relates to jobs in process, what engineers will accept versus what they want, and pricing strategies on bringing new products to market.
- Support the local engineering community and in a timely fashion respond to their product application, selection and/or budget requests.
- Work with represented manufactures to coordinate periodic visits to help educate the engineering community on changes in products/technology/code and new product offerings
- Identify job opportunities through multiple channels and actively pursue them for any/all represented products through the use of engineering calls, manufacturer plant tours, product mock-ups, budget analysis, product selection and/or job site visits. Our goal should be to become basis of design on these project leads.
- Actively address field issues on existing projects and provide support to the engineer/customer/salesperson/end user.
- Assist the sales/estimating department by targeting the jobs that have been laid out around our products and that we have put forth considerable marketing efforts. Work with the team to provide guidance on these “Buckley Jobs” as it relates to pricing, options, application, and discounting.
- Maintain detailed reports of all projects in order to keep the sales and estimating team up to speed on current projects.
- Maintain an accurate and updated records database of submittals, product sales bulletins and literature required by the sales team.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
- Relevant design experience in HVAC, Electrical, or Controls.
- Understanding of heating and refrigeration systems function and application