The Sales Manager will oversee and lead the activities of the Sales Department.
- Hires and trains regional and local sales managers and staff.
- Organizes and oversees the schedules, territories, and performance of regional and local sales managers.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Provides leadership to the sales team.
- Motivates and encourages sales team to ensure quotas are met.
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales, determine profitability and targets, and identify potential new markets.
- Identifies and analyzes customer preferences to properly direct sales efforts.
- Assigns territories and sets quotas for sales teams.
- Consults with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests equipment, products, or services that will meet those needs.
- Resolves customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient sales operations.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to develop sales quotas and strategies.
- Prepares sales budget; monitors and approves expenses.
- Acts as company representative at trade association meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Administration, or related field, OR comparable record of sales leadership experience required.
- At least three years of sales experience required