The Program Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of engineering development and production programs. Responsibilities include leading and managing all aspects of assigned programs to accomplish specific objectives including cost, technical and schedule performance critical to business operating plans.
· Establishes and controls program cost, technical and schedule baseline
· Interacts with engineering, manufacturing, and test disciplines as required
· Ensures programs are completed on time and within budget, and are contractually compliant
· Develops solutions to program problems and directs work of assigned resources
· Establishes and manages program risks and opportunities
· Generates and provides quotes and estimates to customers
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field
· 5 + years of experience with engineering or related
· 3 + years of project leadership experience (supervisory or leading a project)
· PMP Certification (or equivalent). If candidate doesn't have, he/she must be able to obtain PMP certification. Must pass PMP certification test upon completion of training
· Willingness to travel up to 10% of time primarily to domestic locations, some international
· Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
· DOD experience
· 1+ years of experience working with EVMS
· PMP Certification
· Willing to positively represent the company in detailed customer presentations covering operational, programmatic and technical program aspects
· Strong communication and writing skills
· Experience managing product development or production programs
· Experience with program or engineering project management on naval systems.
· Experience managing programs with torpedo, torpedo defense and underwater acoustics domain content, radar
· Experience with risk and opportunity management
· Experience with managing subcontracts
· Advanced degree in business management, electrical, mechanical, ocean, or systems engineering