Job #10423: MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Title: MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER
Date Posted: 06/12/2019
Job Location: Connersville IN
Mechanical Design Eng. (Des. & Modeling) Rotating Equipment
1. Perform / lead / manage the design engineering functions of a project including overall machine and equipment package design and creation of production drawings, and support new product / project development and product enhancements for Fan products in North America.
1. Create project specific turbo fan designs including stress and rotordynamics analysis using Pro-Engineer (Creo), ANSYS, and various other software packages.
2. Create equipment production drawing and bill of material packages for manufacturing.
3. Perform engineering analyses via various internal software programs, excel spreadsheets, or hand calculations in regards to strength of materials, statics, dynamics, thermodynamics, vibrations, and sound.
4. Perform material selection, review and compare to industry specifications, and minor failure analysis.
5. Perform technical review of customer / project specifications which contain requirements outside of our standard scope / design to ensure the product / project is designed and engineered meet agreed upon specifications.
6. Develop schedules for the engineering execution of each project to achieve successful completion of engineering responsibilities on time and within budget.
7. Perform engineering design support for sales, supply chain development, and product development / product enhancements.
8. Compose technical reports and procedures in support of project execution, sales support, and product development.
9. Review drawings, data sheets, and procedures from sub-suppliers to ensure the design can be correctly integrated to the equipment package, and ensure project specification compliance.
10. Review design / project changes which deviate from a previously approved design, to ensure appropriate design controls have been applied.
11. Requires working with and responsibility to the Project Manager to ensure scope and design accuracy while maintaining on-time and on-budget project performance.
12. Requires working directly with other engineering and design colleagues or consultants to ensure design accuracy and first time quality.
13. Requires working direct with customers to provide design explanations, reviews, and clarifications in support of the project.
14. Provide technical assistance to aftermarket, field services, and shared services in regards to design clarifications and problem resolution.
15. Partners with all central functions such as Quality, Engineering, Finance, IT, and HR to ensure that enabling strategies and tactics are in place and are consistent with broader business strategies and tactics.
16. Participates, establishes, and drives process improvements within both the product team and across product divisions to ensure the group meets common KPI’s, continuous improvement, and skill knowledge transfer.
17. Represents the Company with customers and business partners.
· Products are designed and engineered to properly satisfy agreed upon specifications and applicable industry standards.
· Accountable for performing projects and assigned work within the constraints and budgeted engineering hours and schedule of the project.
· Fan specific engineering technical knowledge is accumulated, developed, and properly utilized.
· Ability to perform engineering tasks and make technical decisions with minimal supervision.
· Responsible for observing and contributing to Environment, Health, & Safety Metrics.