Job #10418: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Title: MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Date Posted: 06/10/2019
Job Location: New Bedford MA
The Manufacturing Engineer will be an integral part of the organization to plan, design, test, modify, optimize and monitor the manufacturing process activities. The Manufacturing Engineer must have the ability to operate on his/her own initiative but also contribute as a team member working with engineers from various disciplines.
The ideal candidate must have the ability to develop and implement optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvement to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products, while augmenting with procedures and training as needed for success.
The Manufacturing Engineer reports directly to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a brief description of some of the duties and responsibilities (not limited to the following):
- Responsible for developing and justifying capital projects for fabrication and assembly areas (include machining, turning, laser cutting, forming, welding and sub-assembly areas).
- Plan and design machine and plant layouts.
- Assist in processing, routing and programming procedures, sequences, and machine assignments for fabricating and assembly of new and existing products.
- Design, develop and conduct time studies.
- Observe and analyze current methods and processes and make recommendations in areas of improvement to bring about work simplification and cost reduction.
- Increase machine and labor efficiencies for all work areas.
- Evaluate new methods and equipment to reduce/eliminate non valued added activities.
- Support assembly areas as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager in the areas of resolution of assembly, manufacturability, and product functionality problems, implementation of Engineering Change Orders (ECO), and introduction of major component upgrades to existing products.
- Confer with manufacturing and support functions to assist in resolving manufacturing problems using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Coordinate and participate in cost reduction initiatives such as energy, safety, and set- up reduction.
- Assist in PLC Programming for electronic controllers to support shop floor upgrade programming, tooling/fixturing and assembly support functions.
- Actively participate and collaborate with all levels within the company to create a "Culture of Discipline" through employee involved HTP teams and Lean/Kaizen initiatives.
- Ensure assembly lines comply with all safety, ergonomic and 5S efforts as established by HTP.
- Train and develop associates in 5S / Lean Mfg. principles.
- Responsible for complying with federal, state, local laws and internal policies and procedures.
- Must work closely with cross-functional departments in Finance, Operations, Quality, Engineering and Research & Development to ensure the total needs are clearly defined.
- Accepts other responsibilities as requested by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.