Job #10402: Junior Staff Accountant
Title: Junior Staff Accountant
Date Posted: 04/29/2019
Job Location: Mansfield MA
JUNIOR STAFF ACCOUNTANT
This position, under the direction of the Controller, assists with the development and maintenance of programs of accounting and financial controls within a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will have duties related to the full cycle accounting process including general accounting, cost accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Assists with preparation of monthly balance sheet, profit and loss and other statements, in accordance with accepted accounting practices.
- Participates in the consolidation and preparation of financial statements
- Experience with General Ledger and required supporting ledgers and accounts.
- Maintains related accounting records, reports, work papers and schedules.
- Manages Cash. Prepares bank reconciliation’s, relationships with banks, processes and manages wire transfers, coordinates letters of credit and assures proper controls over reimbursement.
- Prepares cash and payroll journal entries.
- Evaluates customer credit worthiness, processes customer credit card payments using bank credit card software.
- Manages American Express corporate card program.
- Maintains and reconciles balance sheet accounts.
- Maintains schedules of accruals.
- Calculates, pays and reports on commission payment to salespeople, reps & distributors.
- Assist with month/quarter/year end closings process
- Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of related accounting experience (manufacturing environment a plus)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong written &, verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office experience required with an exceptional Excel knowledge
- Impeccable attention to detail including accuracy and precision
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
The Junior Staff Accountant is expected to be an experienced and highly motivated individual, who will be regarded as a finance resource for the Accounting Team! In addition to strong accounting skills, the candidate must exhibit good teamwork and communication skills that allow efficient interactions between cross-functional department team members.