Job #10385: Chem/Mech Lab Tech
Title: Chem/Mech Lab Tech
Date Posted: 03/25/2019
Job Location: CT
Position Type: Contractor Chem/Mech Lab Tech
Hydrogen… the most abundant element in the universe is your ticket to a rewarding future. Every day there are reports on how (produced by water electrolysis and renewable energy sources) is displacing fossil fuels, reducing greenhouse gasses and helping to revitalize our planet.
Client is the global leader in on-site hydrogen generation, the largest electrolyzer manufacturer in the world. Armed with a full portfolio of water electrolyzers and hydrogen fueling station technologies, Client is leading the charge into the new green hydrogen economy.
If you are driven by personal initiative combined with loyalty and commitment to your team and the ability to convert complex issues into simple solutions, then we want to talk to you. Help make the world a better place. Join a company that is on the cutting edge of new energy innovations, with an energized, progressive culture.
An immediate opportunity exists for a Chemical Lab Technician to work in an exciting team environment within the Engineering Department . This position will require working closely with cross-functional teams to perform laboratory tasks and electrochemical cell testing. Projects range from mixing and applying inks, processing polymer membranes, assembling test cells, and collecting and summarizing electrochemical test data.
- Executes test plans related to material evaluation and electrochemical performance.
- Prepares solutions for electrolyte testing, membrane processing, and ink printing.
- Fabricates electrode components such as applying catalyst layers on substrates, die cutting gaskets and porous materials, and assembling multi-layer components.
- Assembles test cells, connects to electrochemical test stations, and takes data over a defined parameter range.
- Summarizes test results in graphs, Power Point charts, and written reports.
- Supports manufacturing group in testing of non-conforming product and analyzing components from field returns.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Experience working hands on in a chemical or materials laboratory
- Knowledge of chemical safety data sheets (SDS) and awareness of safe laboratory practices
- Motivated self starter with high level of initiative and willingness to suggest improvements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to balance multiple tasks.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment with high degree of collaboration.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field
- 3+ years experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience working with electrochemical devices desired