Job #10326: SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Title: SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Date Posted: 11/14/2018
Job Location: Bedford MA
As a key member of the manufacturing / quality / test engineering team you are responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of manufacturing and inspection methods. In this role you are responsible for ensuring the effective use of material, tooling and equipment, and personnel assigned to ensure that client is capable of producing products that are of the highest quality at minimum cost. Additionally, you are responsible for establishing and maintaining quality control standards, and working with engineering to establish checkpoints that ensure quality.
In addition to accepting and carrying out assignments from the Operations manager and the senior management team you are principally responsible for the following:
- Developing and documenting manufacturing and inspection processes for incoming inspection, Scanner Assembly and related sub assemblies;
- Reviewing new product designs and providing feedback to engineering when cost exceeds predefined targets; Participating in the supplier selection process;
- Reviewing proposed design changes prior to release; and reporting any potential problems to the operations management team;
- Documenting and Improving manufacturing and inspection techniques; Establishing and maintaining quality standards for processing raw materials and finished goods;
- Preparing reports of returned / rejected goods and recommends corrective actions; Preparing quality reports for production;
- Designing and implement tools, fixtures, methods, and procedures to ensure product consistency, and improve efficiency;
- Assisting in training manufacturing and inspection personnel as required;
- Acting as technical liaison for supplier corrective action, production, materials, engineering, and production planning;
- Investigating and initiating corrective actions for manufacturing problems.
- Supporting ISO9000 initiatives.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures. Maintaining an excellent attendance record.
ISO9000: Lead the Development and documentation of processes associated with production activities. Provide Training for all employees in accordance with ISO9001 policies Audit internal processes as required. Ensure department wide compliance with policies / procedures established.
ERP: Working with the Master Scheduler to plan / schedule production related activities monitoring / maintaining production labor standards with Manufacturing Engineering. Assisting with the implementation of Shop Floor Controls for production that require multiple operations (i.e. repairs).
Product Quality: Ensuring that methods, tools and fixturing ensure product quality exceeds production yields of 98% for workmanship. Ensuring that a review of all test rejects take place with production personnel when appropriate. Identifying problems in a timely manner and initiating corrective actions.
Required To Perform the Job:
- Familiar with engineering and manufacturing processes; familiar with the tools used to design products (i.e. AutoCad, Solid Works. etc.)
- Able to work from specifications, technical manuals, schematics, and verbal / written instructions.
- Proficient in the use of a variety of inspection equipment.
- Able to discuss technical problems encountered with suppliers, engineering and the senior management team.
- Able to compile and records inspection / test results. May be required to assist in the design of complex inspection equipment; and develop new procedures.
- Must be able to verify inspection equipment designs to ensure compliance to specifications and report findings. Must be able to read and understand diagnostic data.
- Education: BSME, BSIE, or equivalent Experience: 5-7 years.
- General proficiencies: Familiar with assembly and material handling practices that ensure quality, ability to read engineering documentation and communicate requirements to personnel assigned; familiar with ERP applications.