Job #10305: ELECTRICIAN
Date Posted: 09/18/2018
Job Location: North Grafton MA
The Electrician will work directly with, and report to, the company's Maintenance Engineering Manager. The Electrician will layout, fabricate, assemble, install, test, repair, adjust and maintain all electrical fixtures, apparatus, equipment and facilities throughout the plants and offices. Machines include, but are not limited to, conveyors, bucket elevators, sifting/grading machines, crushing machines, dust collection systems and industrial magnetic separators. May estimate time and materials needed on jobs as required. Prepares and updates prints as necessary. Frequently works from ladders, platforms, high places, and cramped spaces. Should also be knowledgeable in all aspects of general maintenance in a large facility. This position is Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm and occasional Saturdays.
- Inspect machinery and equipment
- Service operating department requests
- Fabricate and assembles electrical devices and equipment as assigned by Manager
- Maintain and adjust electronic timers, brake discs on motors, VFDs and PLC substantiation.
- Wipes lead joints on cables and/or splices neoprene coverings as required
- Respond to infrequent emergency call-ins for repairs
- Plans and lays out tasks from drawings or blueprints
- When other trade groups are working in an area where there is electrical hazards, the Electrician is assigned to inform or caution the workers on voltage location
- Orders and maintains stock of minor electrical repair parts and notify supervision of possible shortages
- Handles heavy materials in and about the shop using a hand lift truck
- Adjusts switches and relays on various pieces of production equipment to establish proper operating rhythm
- Massachusetts Journeyman License
- High School Diploma, Trade School or Vocational High School Diploma
- Must be very proficient in troubleshooting all areas of a building electrical system, helpful if prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficient in installing, maintaining, repairing, and testing a variety of electrical equipment systems such as, but not limited to, generators, transformers, switches, circuit breakers, motors, conduit and public-address systems, fire alarm systems or security alarm systems
- Experience in Automation, conveyors and VFDs.
- PLC experience is a plus.
- Ability to plan and layout work projects from wiring diagrams, schematics, sketches, blueprints and/or verbal instructions
- Familiar with all areas of the national electrical code
- Capable of analyzing and correcting problems with various electrical controls and systems
- Must be able to operate all hand and machine tools of the trade including, but not limited to, testing equipment, ladders, hoists.