Job #10259: Accounts Receivable/Collections
Title: Accounts Receivable/Collections
Date Posted: 05/29/2018
Job Location: Wayland MA
Make collection calls, posting of daily cash receipts, research problematic accounts and take calls from customers. Interact with sales force to respond to issues related to account status.
- Close and post daily cash batches, including payments received electronically by ACH.
- Process credit card transactions and post to customer accounts.
- Reconcile daily lockbox, credit card and ACH receipts to detailed bank reports.
- Prepare daily summary of cash and reconcile receipts to the general ledger.
- Make and receive customer service collection calls to resolve outstanding balances owed to the Company.
- Review daily accounts receivable aging reports in an effort to identify customers to contact regarding unpaid invoices, overpayments, and/or credits to apply to account invoices.
- Research unpaid balances indicating need to send to collections department and work directly with the agency to provide accurate records of internal collection efforts.
- Communicate directly with the sales force and any involved leasing companies regarding the status of payment.
- Send monthly statements of accounts to customers and related sales representatives.
- Documenting and resolving customer service issues and inquiries.
- Assist supervisor with other duties as assigned.
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - must be able to work and communicate extraordinarily with cross-functional teams, both within the company and sales/distributor
- Must have the ability to work in an environment where priorities change rapidly, therefore, must have a proven ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Upbeat, personable, and professional personality that will be conveyed over the telephone to the customer is required
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Attention to detail is critical
- Highly accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
This job description is not all inclusive and is intended to capture a majority of the job functions. Special projects and other tasks may be required by management.